Monday 11 July 2011

Getting back to blogging

It has been a while, hasn't it? I think my last post was in April, and since then I have revised for and sat my A Levels and turned 19. I have, since finishing my exams, completed quite a few garments, some of which I have been brave enough to wear outside.

I think many sewers/stitchers/seamstresses share my terror that my garment will fall apart in public. This is I hope common only in beginners, hopefully as my experience grows so will my confidence.

I have some exciting (for me at least) plans for a sewing challenge, but on that I shall say more later!

I also plan on bringing back the monthly burda previews as I love burda style, even though some of the patterns are a bit out there. Many of the garments I have made recently have come from burda style magazines.


Burda Style 06/2011 in particular has been great.

So hopefully I can back into the swing of things and start posting again, because as I have said many times before on this blog, the sewing community is a hugely supportive and inspiring group of people.

1 comment: