Thursday 24 February 2011

Walthamstow Shopping Frenzy

On Saturday I went to Walthamstow Market for a bit of a fabric frenzy. There were (I think) 13 of us altogether and we battled through the rain in search of bargains. I didn't take a single photo, and I don't want to take one without permission, so go to did you make that? or tilly and the buttons to see some. (On a side note: I am in one of those pictures, can you guess which is me?)

I'll say right now that I went a bit overboard, I really did buy too much fabric. SO much fabric that in order to show you it I'm going to have to organise it into categories. But I do want to point out that I didn't buy any fabric that cost more than £2 a metre.

So lets get on with it.

Dress Fabric

This was very popular, at least three others bought some, I bought 3m.

I love this! It's going to make such a pretty summer dress
Blouse Fabrics

I love this silky soft polka dot, it will make a beautiful blouse

This was just a remnant, but there's enough for a Simplicity 2599


Skirt Fabrics

I bought 2m each of this plain cottons, they will make great pleated skirts

Trouser Fabrics

The one on top is a navy gabardine, while
the other seems to have some wool in it.

Knit Fabrics

It's very hard to see but this is black knitted fabric, perfect for a
cardigan. I have never sewed with this type of fabric before!

A nice thick ponte jersey in navy.

Lovely thick cream ribbing.


So that's it, I just wanted to say a really big thank you to Karen for organising such a great day,she clearly put a lot of work into it and I had a fantastic time buying all this fabric and meeting other people who are interested in sewing.

1 comment:

  1. Wowee! I had no idea people had bought quite so much. Have fun making.

    ReplyDelete