Wednesday 9 February 2011

Works in Progress (and ironing woes)

At this moment in time I have one main work in progress and that is a jacket from Simplicity's new spring patterns. I heard loads of bloggers mention the dress of Simplicity 2250, such as Gertie helping to fit the complicated dress in her post California Sewin'.

But the jacket really attracted me because I can wear it in Spring (when it finally arrives!) and the fabric I am making it it fits in with my Colette Patterns Spring Palette sewalong colours. I will be doing a separate post about that particular challenge.

I bought the fabric in Amsterdam a few weeks ago for €10 for 3 metres, which I think was quite reasonable.



It's really crumpled because I stored it in a bag, and I am clearly too lazy to iron it.


It's coming along OK, if a little slow. All I have to do now is put on the other sleeve, bind the edges and hem the sleeves. And iron it of course!

Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture of the finished garment soon.

Another UFO is this skirt from Burdastyle's Linda circle skirt pattern. I have successfully made this skirt four times already, so there really is no excuse for not finishing it.


Can you tell I have an issue with ironing.

1 comment: