Saturday 29 January 2011

Home Stretch Stripes

I mentioned in the post 'Bad Blogger' that I sewed a top from Sew U: Home Stretch, so here it is:




I did the boatneck top, and I was pleased with how easy it was to 'draft' the pattern.

I'm embarrassed to say that I made a mistake that I'm sure Is common among beginners; I didn't pretreat the fabric. I took this photo after it had been through it's first wash, and although I hope it isn't too obvious, it has clearly shrunk. The biggest problem is that it's now a little tight in the armholes.

But despite the mistake, overall I am pleased with it.

3 comments:

  1. nice top! basic is the best - i have one stripe long-t shirt that i wear quite often:)

    i remember when i first started sewing i never pre-treated fabrics.. that was partly because my apartment didnt have a washer and dryer, and was too lazy to head to coin laundry for the fabrics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fits beautifully,and a great look!


    Best,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so cute... I'm making this Tomorow

    ReplyDelete