Monday 3 January 2011

Resolutions for 2011

1. Sew more
This resolution isn't the most sensible one, I'm very busy with my A Levels right now, but I really enjoy sewing and I want to make time for it.

2. Sew for other people
Even if it's just pajamas.

3. Enter a pattern review contest
Some of them look like good fun, and a competition would really motivate me to get everything just right and not take any shortcuts.

4. Make another pair of trousers
I made my very first pair of trousers over Christmas, but I don't know if they really count as I made them out of a stretch suiting, so fitting wasn't too big an issue.

5. Learn to sew underwear
I have been inspired by Zoe

6. Take part in Self-Stitched September
This means making quite a few garments. I will need at least;
* 3 pairs of trousers
* 3 skirts
* 6 tops and blouses
* 2 cardigans ( I will do this with knitted fabric if I can ever find some)
* 1 coat
* 1 blazer/jacket
Given that I will probably Commit to wearing one homemade item a day, it would probably be sufficient.

7. Make a coat
I already have the materials ready, all I have to do is find the pattern and be brave.

8. Blog about already complete projects
I hope to do this in the coming weeks

9. Get involved in the sewing community
I don't want to be too shy to comment on my favourite blogs, and I want to use Pattern Review and Burdastyle.

10. Finish every project
I hate having UFOs, I have a skirt that just needs it's invisible zipper put in but had been sitting in a bag for months.


I hope that in a years time I will be able to look back and tick these all off.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katherine! Congrats on starting your new blog. I bet you'll find it a great motivator to get more sewing projects completed to blog about. Good luck with attempting undies, check out my undies construction how-to, in case it is any help:
    http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-to-construct-undies-with-serger-and.html

    Very pleased you are planning on joining me with the challenges this year!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made my first coat in December. It was not too difficult, it simply takes time and patience to assemble.
    http://bombardone.com/sewingprincess/2010/12/the-eternal-city-snow-white-coat/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Just found your blog and wanted to let you know how much I enjoy it. Looks like we have similar resolutions for 2011. ;) Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete